Here you can find all classified ad opportunities for both Full-time and Part-time Optometrists, Optometric Assistants, Fill-In Positions and Optometrists for Hire.
Please fax new listings to the MOA office at 952-921-5882 or send them via e-mail to Holly@MNEyeDocs.org.
Optician / Department Manager
Eyes On Main is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and fashion forward Certified Optician looking to build a career as a Team Lead. This position plays a key role in managing the optical department all while delivering world-class customer service.
- On-going patient care through repairs, adjustments, trouble shooting.
- Sales, ordering, verifying, customer service, and dispensing of eyewear.
- Frame board management, inventory and purchasing
- Accessories ordering and management
- Responsible for implementation of department policies and procedures
MUST HAVE QUALITIES:
- Caring & friendly demeanor; A flair for personal styling.
- The ability to clearly communicate and actively listen to patient needs.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Professional, thoughtful, and willing to go above and beyond to exceed patient expectations.
- Team oriented.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Must have a passion to educate others
- High school diploma required
- Vocational certification or some college preferred.
- ABO Certified
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour
Date Posted: June 03, 2022
Optician/Optometric Assistant Job Opening
The University of Minnesota’s Boynton Health Eye Clinic currently has an opening for an Optician/Optometric Assistant. The position is 40 hours a week. Job duties include maintaining optical inventory, assisting patients with frame and lens selection, dispensing glasses to patients, making adjustments, and troubleshooting to resolve any problems that our patients may be having with their eyeglasses. Hours M-F, 8:15-4:45. No evenings or weekends.
- Three years of opticianry experience with or without certification from the American Board of Opticians or equivalent certifying agency
- Experience with fitting glasses in retail optical
- Familiarity with optical terminology and optical equipment
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to multitask
- Computer skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that respects and advances diversity and inclusion
We offer great benefits, including:
- Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Basic Life Insurance
• Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) retirement plan
• Paid vacation, sick, and holidays
• Reduced or free college tuition
- The opportunity to work with University of Minnesota students, staff, and faculty
- Great location on campus near restaurants and campus activities
Please apply to the University of Minnesota Job Board using the following link: